Mississippi institutions value education abroad. The newly established StudyMississippi Consortium is introducing the “Study Abroad Photo Contest” to recognize and appreciate students in the state of Mississippi for their international experiences whilst on a Mississippi Institution study abroad program or whilst independently traveling outside of the United States and international students studying in Mississippi institutions.
This award will recognize students for their exceptional experiences abroad, which they will showcase through photography. Upload your photo to the StudyMississippi Student Photo Contest Flickr group by October 30, 2011.The ‘Study Abroad Photo Contest’ winner will be announced at the culmination of International Education Week 2011 on November. 17; they will also be recognized at a public ceremony, and will receive an Apple iPad2.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Students entering the contest must be enrolled in a Mississippi school, college or university.
- Students should submit photos taken abroad while attending a Mississippi school, college or university’s study abroad program or while independently traveling or living outside of the United States.
- International students can submit a photo that best portrays student life or cultural experiences during their studies in a Mississippi school, college or university.
- Entries must be an original work taken by the individual submitting the photo
- Entries must include the student’s name, the university where they are enrolled, title of the photo, country/location of where the photo was taken and specify if it was during a Mississippi institution study abroad program.
- Entries containing illegal substance abuse may not be accepted and all entries must be appropriate for viewers of all ages.
- Images cannot be digitally enhanced or altered in any way.
What is the process of entering the ‘StudyMississippi Student Photo Contest’?
- Each student can submit a maximum 3 photos. Select photos you think best represents your experience studying abroad. Or one that you feel portrays the ultimate cultural experience abroad – feel free to be creative!
- Upload your photo to the ‘StudyMississippi Student Photo Contest’ Flickr group by October 30, 2011.
- You must join Flickr to add your entry to the group, and be sure to include the following information within the title/description:
- Title of photo
- Where/when was it taken?
- Your name and home institution
- Feel free to explain briefly why you selected the photo
- Please email a copy of your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with "StudyMississippi Photo Contest" as the subject.
How is the winner selected?
The contest winner will be selected through an online public vote. Voting will be open between November 1-14, 2011.
Contact Information: For questions or troubleshooting contact Jessica Lamb at email@example.com.
Where Learning And Hospitality Meet!www.studymississippi.us
The above information was copied from the StudyMS facebook page.